I know that our elf, Nico, has become more creative in his ways this year thanks to Pinterest and several blogs that I found who have been keeping a photo record of their their nightly elf sightings. If you are looking for some ideas you may want to check out these great sites:
- 101 Elf on the Shelf Ideas from Blossom Bunkhouse
- Make sure you look at all her posts from this year too!
- Week 1 of Elf on the Shelf with Come Together Kids
- Check her scroll on the side for other ideas.
- Complicated Mama has 15 Fun Creative Ideas for your Elf.
- and she has an App too! So cute!
- 25 Toddler Ideas from Jenna's Journey.
- Cute ideas that are creative and simple.
What has amazed me most about this year is that I am feeling a teensy bit of Christmas morning magic everyday. Both my kids come down the stairs with the most serious looks on their face. They are clearly looking to see where Nico is and what he has been up to while they were sleeping. Once they find him, they light up like Christmas morning and begin to tell me "the story" of what he has done and why.
I am amazed at how Nico's escapades spark my kids imaginations. They both can come up with vibrant and detailed versions of what they think he intended to be doing and why. They spend hours coloring pictures, writing notes and making "gifts" for him. They clearly enjoy the magic that the Elf brings.
I would love to see what your elves have been up to. I have included a photo linky on this post so you can link up any blog posts you might have about your elf. If you are not a blogger (or if you are), PLEASE post your elf pictures on the Sunshine Praises Facebook page.